The Attah Igala and chairman of the Kogi State Traditional Council, Michael Ameh Oboni is dead.
Quoting sources, the online news portal with vast coverage of Kogi State said the monarch died at the point of recuperating from an unknown illness.
He is survived by one wife and would go in history as the first Attah Igala to have married only one wife.
In an interview in 2017 with a national newspaper, the deceased monarch also mentioned some peculiarities associated with whosoever is the Igala Monarch.
- The Attah is not expected to eat or dance in the public.
- He is not expected to shake hands with any woman.
- The Attah is not expected to behold an infant except he is over three months.
- The Attah does not enter a canoe.
- He is not expected to see a dead body.
- The Attah by his position is expected to protect the originality of the people through governance on the throne.
- A blessing from the Attah is considered as the blessing from the highest priest of the land.