Welcome back Nairaflavers, today’s topic is going to be hot! we will be discussing about “How to protect your device from malicious software”
As we all know that one of the toughest problems we encounter with our mobile device nowadays is when our device get stuck with a malicious software.
Now what do we mean by malicious software ???
WHAT IS MALICIOUS SOFTWARE
Malicious software is just like a virus, which finds it away into any device that doesn’t have proper security measures, which can cause the device to function in an improper way, the malicious software itself is designed by computer hackers with the intention of causing damage to computer or web server, it can as well spy on protected datas, delect files, add un-approved documents, display unwanted ads, so with this little explanation i believe it is very necessary and compulsory to protect you device from malicious softwares.
WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS OF MALICIOUS SOFTWARES:
- Having malicious software on your device can lead to network failure, by slowing down your connection.
- Malicious software can add un-approved documents or file to your device without your awareness
- Malicious software can duplicate your files.
- Malicious software can write and send fake messages to your clients or companies, getting you into big trouble.
- Malicious Software can restrict your device from shutting down and rebooting
- Malicious software can steal your personal information and send it to another server.
- Having malicious software on your device can cause the total break down of it.
SOME EXAMPLES OF DANGEROUS MALICIOUS SOFTWARE.
- Artemis Trojan
- Flashback Trojan
SOME WAYS YOU CAN GET RID OF MALICIOUS SOFTWARE
- To avoid malicious softwares, never downloaded and install software from suspected websites, Do download and install software from websites you know and trust. E.g Playstore
- Never click on link or attarchments send to you on any platforms without knowing the source.
- Do use anti-virus software that scam and detects malicious software, you can google top anti virus softwares and know the one’s that suit your device.
- Use secure browser like chrome, as it can detect malwares
- Always activate your firewall
- Always upgrade to the latest version of your system / device.
- Avoid sharing files or documents with affected device, as it can cause you harm.
Malicious softwares are very dangerous, which we must aviod for our own safety, If you have any questions pertaining to this topic, feel free to drop your question on our comment box.
And don’t forget to share my article if you think it’s helpful.
Signature: CEO Nairaflaver