When you want to connect to the internet via an MTN sim card, you’ll have to buy data from the company before you can use your phone as you would normally.
As with all MTN products, the process of buying data from them takes no time, but it’s simple once you know what you’re doing and how to do it correctly. Here’s how to buy data from MTN in seven easy steps.
How to Buy Data from MTN
To know all the data plan available, you need to dial *131# on your MTN number.
From there, you can see all the plans available and even check your balance. Just follow the prompt you see when you dial the code to be able to subscribe to your preferred data plan.
4 Benefits of Buying Mtn Data
- Flexibility: If you’re a frequent traveller, or if you don’t need data all day long, it makes sense to buy your data in chunks rather than buying a monthly or quarterly bundle.
- Budgeting: It’s easier to manage spending when you buy data in small amounts; there are no surprises at month-end.
- Accessibility With a pre-paid line, you can take your SIM card with you wherever you go and still be able to access your account through an app on your phone (or through myMTN).
- All You Can Eat! You get free access to MTN All You Can Eat Wi-Fi networks whenever you buy data. Now that is something worth smiling about!
- Security: When you buy a new device from us, MTN will activate it for free on any of our bundles that suit your needs, so that your money goes further!